As most people know, exercise plays a vital role in our overall health and wellness. With proper exercise:
• The body becomes fitter, stronger, and more powerful.
• The body’s stability, poise and balance is improved.
• You are able to sense the movements of your body better.
• Pain relief is achieved through regular performance of prescribed exercises.
• Obesity, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis and migraines can be managed.
An important part of physiotherapy is exercise prescription. This plays an important role in improving the performance and functioning of the body area under rehabilitation.We assess and evaluate the right course of physiotherapy treatment that can help the individual recover and become fit and healthy. Thus this form of treatment is continually applied, assessed and reviewed to suit the needs of the patient.The exercises that are prescribed include active motion, strengthening, stretching, balancing, and conditioning exercises.Exercise prescriptions revolve around the goals that the physiotherapist sets for the patient to fully recover and regain his or her former level of fitness. Exercise is a very good preventive measure against the possibility of future complications or illnesses.